What are the cost of things in New Zealand?
In New Zealand the cost of things will vary according to the location. In more remote places you should factor in paying a lot more for everyday items such as groceries and petrol. If you have children, tourist attractions usually offer a family rate which will give you the best value for money.
To give you an indication of what things will cost in New Zealand here is general price guide:
- Cup of coffee (flat white) NZ$4 to NZ$5
- Glass of beer or wine NZ$7 to $NZ15
- 2 Litres of Milk NZ$4 to NZ$5
- Jet Boat Ride for 2 children and 2 adults NZ$299
- Milford Sound Scenic Cruise NZ$70 per adult
- 30 minute Scenic Helicopter Flight NZ$300 per adult
Petrol prices vary but you can expect to pay the following in petrol for your entire holiday:
- 10 day South Island tour in mid-size car - expect to spend around NZ$400 on fuel
- 14 day tour of both islands in mid-size car - expect to spend around NZ$550 on fuel
- 23 day tour of both islands in mid-size car - expect to spend around NZ$900 on fuel